A Trollope Chronology by R. C. Terry
By R. C. Terry
Anthony Trollope was once a publish place of work surveyor, author, editor and international vacationer. This chronology combines real info with remark and anecdote from his huge contacts. it is also short bills of his released works and reactions to them, bridging statement and indices of individuals and areas, so aiming to mix a readable narrative with a brief reference advisor to the existence and paintings of this busy guy of Victorian letters. R.C.Terry can also be writer of "Anthony Trollope: The Artist in Hiding" and "Victorian well known Fiction, 1860-80" and editor of "Trollope: Interviews and Recollections".
Read or Download A Trollope Chronology PDF
Best criticism & theory books
Early local American Writing is a suite of severe essays discussing the works of yank Indian authors who wrote among 1630 and 1940 and produced the various earliest literature in North American historical past. the 1st selection of severe essays that concentrates in this physique of writing, this e-book highlights the writings of the yank Indian authors thought of, many only in the near past rediscovered, as vital contributions to American letters.
This specific source presents readers with a scientific consultant to the primary topics in one hundred fifty of the main typically taught American novels. all of the 50 good written essays identifies and discusses an immense subject, resembling Alienation, Corruption of strength, and Immigrant lifestyles that recurs in American literature.
What can we suggest by way of Europe? Thirty-three authors from 33 eu international locations try out a solution -- in critical, ironic, skeptical, or confident tones. Their essays, written for the symposium held on the Literaturhaus Hamburg in 2003, mirror the brilliant range of ecu cultures.
E-book by means of Gallagher, Catherine
- Mallarmé and the sublime
- The land's wild music : encounters with Barry Lopez, Peter Matthiessen, Terry Tempest Williams, and James Galvin
- The Cultural Production of Matthew Arnold
- Deleuze, The Dark Precursor: Dialectic, Structure, Being
- The Short Narratives of E. M. Forster
Extra info for A Trollope Chronology
22 Aug-15 Nov) At Drumsna, Co. Leitrim. Out walking one day with his friend John Merivale (1815--86), he comes upon a ruined house. 'It was one of the most melancholy spots I ever visited . . We wandered about the place ... , p. 60). While at Drumsna he is sent to investigate irregularities in the post office managed by William Allen. After a weary journey he puts up at a small inn. During the night an intruder approaches his bed. He grapples with him and the man falls down the stairs. He turns out to be the parish priest.
40. See Patricia Srebrnik, 'Trollope, James Virtue and Saint Paul's Magazine', Nineteenth-Century Fiction, XXXVII, no. 3 (Dec 1982) 443-63. SeeR. H. , pp. 31628; Bradford Booth, 'Trollope and the Royal Literary Fund', NineteenthCentury Fiction, VII, no. 3 (Dec 1952) 208-16. The first four listed may be found in Four Lectures, ed. Morris L. Parrish (privately printed, 1938; repr. 1969). W. P. Frith, My Autobiography and Reminiscences, 3 vols (1887-8) III, 386. Enthusiasm for this sector of public education probably arose from his friendship with the Revd William Rogers (1819-96), Rector of St Botolph's, Bishopsgate, from 1863.
Morris L. Parrish (privately printed, 1938; repr. 1969). W. P. Frith, My Autobiography and Reminiscences, 3 vols (1887-8) III, 386. Enthusiasm for this sector of public education probably arose from his friendship with the Revd William Rogers (1819-96), Rector of St Botolph's, Bishopsgate, from 1863. An ardent education reformer, Rogers raised funds for a school in Cowper Street for children of clerks and tradesmen, enrolling 1000 pupils. A striking feature was its secular policy, which earned him the nickname 'Hang Theology' Rogers.